IEEE Women in Engineering (WIE)
IEEE Women in Engineering (WIE) is the largest international professional organization dedicated to promoting women engineers and scientists. The mission of IEEE WIE is to facilitate the recruitment and retention of women in technical disciplines globally. IEEE WIE envisions a vibrant community of IEEE women and men collectively using their diverse talents to innovate for the benefit of humanity.
- To link women in occupations in terms of electro- and information technology and related professional fields together
- To enable experience and knowledge
- Increase visibility of and support career development of qualified experts in engineering and other STEM fields
- Promote continuous learning through field trips, lectures and workshops
- To help the life model career with family to success
- Awaken interest in technology and technical professions at female students and publicize the related opportunities and possibilities.
- Gave a talk as part of the IEEE WIE Summit in the 2020 IEEE EMC+SIPI virtual conference in August 2020
- Organizing an online webinar jointly with YP Germany in June 2020
- Organizing a workshop at GeMiC 2020 at TU Cottbus in March 2020
- Face to face meeting of the WIE Germany Section at TU Darmstadt in November 2019
- Involvement of WIE at the 2018 ISINA conference in Chemnitz
- Face to face meeting of the WIE Germany Section in Garching/Munich.
The IEEE WIE Germany Section works on Volunteering!
We strongly believe in the need for role models in science and engineering for young girls, and we are convinced that it is of major importance to inspire and motivate them while still in primary school. Thus we plan to buy some experimental training material for children and contact local primary schools in Munich surroundings to agree on a program. Our vision is to organize visits to schools and offering get-together session where young pupils can get in touch with us and our subjects in a funny way.
For further information please contact Ines Hamrouni.