IEEE German Conference on Education (GeCon 2022)
August 11 @ 8:00 - August 12 @ 17:00
Themed “Networking Education in Germany”, the hybrid IEEE German Conference on Education (GeCon 2022) aims to provide a platform to discuss teaching concepts and methods in German academic institutions, including universities, universities of applied sciences, and distance learning universities.
Hosted by IEEE Germany Section and locally organized by TU Berlin, challenges and approaches in Higher Education will be highlighted through oral presentations and posters. The conference will also organize workshops to discuss and interchange recent experiences regarding online teaching, labs, and evaluations, the students’ perspectives, and the financial support for conducting research in education as well.
Submitted papers (4-6 pages) will be peer-reviewed, Submitted papers (4-6 pages) will be peer-reviewed, and approved papers will be submitted for inclusion in IEEE Xplore.
Submissions are invited, but not limited to, the following topics:
• Online courses: Remote teaching of hands-on activities, best practices on the assessment and evaluation in online courses, Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs), novel teaching modalities: podcasts, interactive videos, etc.
• Non-traditional teaching in STEM education: Digital Game Based-Learning, Project-based learning, Methodologies to teach soft-skills in STEM careers.
• STEM Education Initiatives.
• Role of education regarding new paradigms and technologies: Industry 4.0, IoT, IoE, 5G, or 6G
• Conference submissions: 17 Jun 2022
• Notification of Acceptance: 08 Jul 2022
• Camera Ready Submissions: 22 Jul 2022
• Conference Sessions: 11 Aug 2022 – 12 Aug 2022