IEEE Germany Chapter of Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBS)
Welcome to the website of the IEEE EMBS Germany Chapter! The EMBS is the world’s largest society of biomedical engineers with approximately 10,000 members from 97 countries around the world.
The EMBS organizes several annual conferences and publishes nine publications covering the field of biomedical engineering which includes topics such as bioinformatics, biotechnology, clinical engineering, information technology, instrumentation and measurement, micro and nanotechnology, radiology, and robots.
In Germany, the EMBS is represented by the Germany Section Chapter with approximately 250 members and several student chapters. The main goals of the EMBS Germany Chapter are to promote the fields of biomedical engineering by organization and support of events and collaboration with EMBS-affiliated and non-EMBS-affiliated national organizations, such as the German Society for Biomedical Engineering (VDE DGBMT)
Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any question or ideas!
- 01/01/2023: Thank you for your trust! The newly elected officers (2023-2024) begin their work.
- 04/09/2023 – 02/10/2023: You are invited! We want to recapitulate EMBC 2023 and to give a larger audience the chance to listen to the interesting talks of our research community. We will meet every Monday from 12:00-13:00 (CEST) here: https://meet.gwdg.de/b/the-bgr-gc8-pqc
- 24/07/2023 – 27/07/2023: Meet us at EMBC 2023 in Sydney! We will be present at various activities, e.g. we will give talks at the “Student and Young Professional Opportunities” and “Performing research in Academia” panels which both take place on Thursday July 27.
- 10/05/2023 – 31/05/2023: You are invited! Join our online talk series in May!
Time: 14:30 – 16:00 CEST / 18:00 – 19:30 IST / 07:30 – 09:00 CST / 21:30 – 23:00 JST
- 1/04/2023: Meet us! We want to take the chance to get in contact with you, give you an overview of our planned activities and what services we can offer to you. The virtual event will take place on April 11 5-6pm (CEST) here: https://meet.gwdg.de/b/nic-5uo-tgd-nl1
- 28/09/2023: The chapter will meet at the 57th Annual Conference on Biomedical Engineering of the German Society for Biomedical Engineering (www.bmt2023.de). Further updates will be announced.
- IFAC BMS 2024 (11.-13.09. in Furtwangen)
- Workshop Biosignale 2024 (28.02-01.03. in Göttingen)
- IWIS 2023 (26.-29.09. in Chemnitz)
- ISMT 2023 (14.-15.09. in Erlangen)
- AMMM 2023 (13.-15.09. in Lübeck)
- EMBC 2024 (24.-27.07 in Sydney)
- BVM Workshop 2023 (02.-04.07. in Braunschweig)
- AUTOMED 2023 (30.-31.03. in Giessen)
- Workshop Biosignale 2022 (24.-26.08. in Dresden)
We support these events either in organization, advertisement or as part of the scientific program committees.
- Chair: Dr. Nicolai Spicher
- Vice Chair: Prof. Dr. Knut Möller
- Secretary: Dr. Thomas Schauer
- Treasurer: Dr. Jannis Hagenah
- Chair: Prof. Dr. Knut Möller
- Vice Chair: Prof. Dr. Thomas Penzel
- Secretary: Dr. Thomas Schauer
- Treasurer: Dr. Nicolai Spicher
- Chair: Prof. Dr. Thomas Penzel
Dr. Nicolai Spicher
Department of Medical Informatics
University Medical Center Göttingen
37075 Göttingen, Germany
+49 551 / 39-61506